AeroSpace Training Centre
The AeroSpace Training Centre is comprised of two distinct facilities, which includes a 1,500 square metre hangar facility that houses a variety of aircraft including Polytechnic West's very own Boeing 737.
Our Boeing 737 is maintained in a fully serviceable condition, and used as a non-flying static training facility for students in many of the training courses, from Pilot Studies, to Cabin Crew, to Aircraft Maintenance, and even Safety and Ground Handling.
Other ASTC facilities and training devices available for students include: additional fixed wing and rotorcraft static trainers, a campus Library, Learning Resource Centre with computer and wireless internet resources, computer based training modules, and a flight simulator.
Click here for our Aerospace courses.
Getting here and contact details
General Enquiries: 9267 7777
Course Information: 9267 7500
23 Eagle Drive, Jandakot
From February 2013 the 515 bus route will deviate to Jandakot Airport. We'll have more details when the new timetable is released in January 2013.
The airport can be accessed from Kwinana Freeway taking the Berrigan Road exit, turning left onto Hope Road and continuing down past the Cattle grid into the airport. Alternatively Kwinana Freeway exit to Roe Highway and then Karel Avenue onto Eagle Drive.
For more information, refer to the Jandakot Airport site.
No need to bring your lunchbox!
There are two cafes on Jandakot airport,
- Runway Cafe 9417 9246, situated upstairs at the Royal Aero Club, 41 Eagle Drive, opening times 9:00am to 3:00pm, Saturday 9:00am until 3:00pm and Sunday 9:00am until 9:00pm.
- Aviators Cafe, 9417 7900, situated next to the Control Tower on Eagle Drive, opening Times Mon-Fri 7.30am to 3.30pm and Saturday 9:00am until 2:00pm
There is a public viewing area next to the Control Tower, this gives a close up view of aircraft landing and departing.
There is a public barbecue available for use in this area.
Access to information is easy
The library provides:
A large and diverse resource collection of books, magazines and DVDs;
- Assistance with researching for information and answers to reference enquiries;
- Information sessions on library and information services, supported with published and online information guides;
- Assistance with study, referencing and learning skills;
- Networked and wireless computer areas;
- Access to electronic information such as internet and databases; and
- Access to audiovisual equipment.
Students can access Polytechnic West’s Library catalogue, databases and web directories, as well as the Student Portal, from the Library website. Library publications including referencing and study guides can be freely downloaded from the website.
The library also has information on opening hours, contact details, library policies and rules, interactive tours and services.
Jandakot is an operational airport, and Polytechnic West uses it exclusively for a range of aviation courses. The facilities available include a Boeing 737, Beech Barron, Cessna 340 and Helicopter.